How To Paint Geometric Shapes
What's your angle?
A home office can set the tone for effectiveness,inspiration and even straight up day-dreaming. Turnan average space into extraordinary one by paintinggeometric shapes. Of course, geometric shapes can work well in any room, let your creativity be the judge!Download PDF Print
You should allow
a weekend to paint
an entire room.
Here's what you're going to need:
- Prepare the walls using Taubmans 3 in 1, Pure Performance, or Easy Coat Prep. Check out the Taubmans ‘How to Prepare a Wall Video’ for a step by step guide.
- We’ve chosen a blue & green palette which are fantastic for a study. They promote concentration, introspection and calm, and we’ve thrown in a splash of orange for energy and communication.
- We suggest trialling your colour combinations on your computer, cardboard or a small canvas first, to see how your design works before painting.
- Mask out the edges of your shapes, making sure you start with a straight edge first - use a level if you need. Of course, if you’re butting your design up to the edge of the wall this won’t matter.
- Your angular lines can be taken anywhere you want, and if you would like more colours, just tape in more angles. Play around until you’re happy with the overall design & layout before you paint.
- Now it’s time to add some colour! You’ll need to paint in stages, because the initial section needs to dry before you remove the tape and reapply it to the edge of the section just painted. Always start from a centre section and work outwards.
- When reapplying the tape, take your time laying it over the other colour so that the edge of the colours butt up together perfectly. Don’t rush this stage! You’ll need two coats for each colour, allowing 2 hours for each coat to dry.
- Now it’s time to style! Select your decorative accents based on your colour palette to tie the whole colour scheme together. Take inspiration from magazines, homewares stores, or research the latest trends online. Have fun with this part, and make it a space you’ll want to see every day!
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GO PAINT!
DARK GREEN VELVET