How To Paint A Mountain Mural
Set the stage for fun
It's worth nurturing a sense of creativity in your kids, so why not set their imaginations on fire by painting a mountain mural in their bedroom!Download PDF Print
You should allow
a weekend to paint
an entire room.
Here's what you're going to need:
- PAINT POTS (for mixing if required)
- Prepare the walls using Taubmans 3 in 1, Pure Performance, or Easy Coat Prep. Check out the Taubmans ‘How to Prepare a Wall Video’ for a step by step guide.
- Paint the walls on either side of the mural in a light colour that will complement your design.
- To figure out how many rows of colour you want, place pencil marks for mountain peaks as a rough guide. There’s no right or wrong, what looks right for the space is best.
- Start creating your mountain by angling a strip of tape up from the left side of the wall. Add another strip in the opposite direction, crossing the tape over at the top. Make sure you have excess tape on both sides.
- Once you’ve done your first row, stand back to see if you’re happy with your angles, and adjust if you need. Keep repeating this process across the wall, but as you go up in layers, slightly decrease the gap between the peaks so it gives the illusion of distance.
- To cut the peaks, align your ruler to the outside edge of the tape - run your blade gently along the outside edge of the tape to score it. Lift off the excess tape to give you a nice sharp point. Press all along the tape to make sure it’s firmly adhered to the wall before you paint.
- Once you’re happy with the layout, it’s time to paint!
- Select your colours by choosing one base colour and mixing in white to get lighter shades, or by purchasing Four One Litre (4 x 1L) tins of your colour palette.
- Using a small roller start at the bottom and work your way up, ensuring you stay within the tape. It’s ok if you go over slightly, just make sure you don’t go over all the way.
- Use either a white or really light grey to do the top section.
- After two hours, recoat, then wait another two hours before removing the tape and revealing your master piece.
- Touch up the edges with small brush if you need.
- Now you’re ready to style! Let your imagination run free. And ask the kids to help, they’ll absolutely love this part.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GO PAINT!
CYBERPUNK - AS PER
VIDEO & PHOTOS
REGIMENTAL HALF STRENGTH
FLAX FLOWER HALF STRENGTH
MOUNTAIN TOP HALF STRENGTH
TWO TO TANGO