Mitre 10 Expo & PPG Promotion Terms & Conditions ("Conditions of Entry")
- Promotion: Mitre 10 Expo & PPG Promotion (the "Promotion")
- Promoter: PPG Industries Australia Pty Limited, trading as PPG, ABN 82 055 500 939 at 14 McNaughton Road, Clayton, VIC 3162, http://www.ppg.com.au, +61 3 9263 6000.
- The Promotion commences on 02.01.2017 at 8:00 AM AEST and ends on 08.02.2017 at 12:59 PM AEST ("Promotional Period"). Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over, who are employed by Mitre 10 during the Promotional Period and whose entry forms(s) have been placed in the corresponding entry box located at the PPG stand at Mitre 10 Expo 07.02.17 – 08.02.17 ("Expo") at the Gold Coast Convention Centre 2684-2690 Gold Coast Hwy, Broadbeach, QLD 4218 by 12:59PM AEST on 08.02.2017. Employees (and their immediate families) of a contractor, company or agency providing goods or services to the Promoter in connection with this promotion, of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Entrants must reside in Australia. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted up to 08.02.2017 by 12:59 PM AEST.
To be eligible to enter the Promotion, the entrant must during the Promotional Period place an order for Taubmans, Flood and/or White Knight ("Participating Products") via a sales representative of the Promoter who visits their store or at the Mitre 10 stand at the Expo. On placement of the order at the Mitre 10 stand at the Expo, the sales representative will place a certain number of entry forms based on the corresponding litres, value or minimum order quantity (as detailed in the table below) of the Participating Product/s ordered into an entry box at the stand. If the order/s are placed prior to the Expo, the entrant must show their order form(s)/invoice(s) for the Participating Products (purchased in accordance with the above), at the Mitre 10 stand at the Expo in order to receive the respective entries into the draw for those order/s. PPG Staff members at the stand will have pre-populated entry forms for some stores. However, for other stores where prepopulated entry forms are not available, the entrant must provide to the PPG staff member at the stand their name, store name, contact number and address in order for the PPG staff member to create entry form/s for them to place in an entry box. Entries will be places in the respective entry box associated with the location where the entrant’s store is located: i.e. either "NT/ Far North QLD", “South East QLD”, "NSW/ACT", "Victoria/Tasmania", or "Western Australia/South Australia".
Product Volume/Value Ordered Number of Entry Forms 3 in 1 / Easy Coat / All Weather / Endure / Sunproof Up to - 288L 1 289L - 576L 3 1 Paint & Prime / Living Proof / WB Enamel / Ultra Enamel / Ultimate Enamel / Ultra Pave Up to - 288L 1 289L - 576L 3 White Knight Rust Guard Range $1,500 + 2 White Knight Squirts 18 units + 1 White Knight Strokes & Splashes 12 units + 1 Sample Pots 12 units + 1 Tinters $1,000 + 2 White Knight Home Restoration $500+ 1 Flood Range $1,000 + 1
- A copy of the order form must be retained as proof of purchase for each entry submitted by an entrant. Entrants must be able to provide the order form/s to validate their entries. In the event that the entrant is unable to produce the order form/s, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion, deem their entry/entries invalid and forfeit the entrant's right to any prize.
- There are 5 prizes to be won in this Promotion.
- The total prize pool for this Promotion is $10,000. The total prize pool in each of “NT/Far North QLD", “South East QLD”, "NSW/ACT", "Victoria/Tasmania", "Western Australia/South Australia” is AUD $2,000.
Description of Prizes:
There are 5 prizes available to be won for entries relating to purchases of Taubmans/White Knight paint across “NT/Far North QLD", “South East QLD”, "NSW/ACT", "Victoria/Tasmania" and "Western Australia/South Australia” (one prize per NT/Far North QLD, South East QLD, NSW/ACT, VIC/TAS, WA/SA), each individual prize consists of a VISA Gift Card, supplied by VISA, valid from 08.02.2017 to 08.02.2018, valued at $2,000.00 AUD. VISA is not a participant, affiliate or sponsor of this Promotion.
- Each winner will be determined by draw. The draw for each prize will take place on 08.02.2017 at 2:00 PM AEST at Gold Coast Convention Centre, 2684-2690 Gold Coast Hwy, Broadbeach, QLD 4218 by barrel draw. There will be one (1) draw conducted for each of the following five (5) groups of entries: “NT/Far North QLD ", “South East QLD”, "NSW/ACT", "Victoria/Tasmania", "Western Australia/South Australia” (“State/Territory Groups”). The first valid entry drawn in each State/Territory Group Draw will win an AUD$2,000 VISA Gift Card. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The prize will be delivered by a representative of the Promoter to the store address provided on the winner’s entry form by 03.03.2017. Winners of the drawn prize(s) are determined by chance. Skill plays no part in determining a winner.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the VISA Gift Card are not included. Any unused balance of the VISA Gift Card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the VISA Gift Card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the VISA Gift Card.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The prize is not transferable, substitutable or exchangeable for another prize of equal or like value and is not redeemable for cash (including any unused portion). If a winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- There are 5 prizes available to be won for entries relating to purchases of Taubmans/White Knight paint across “NT/Far North QLD", “South East QLD”, "NSW/ACT", "Victoria/Tasmania" and "Western Australia/South Australia” (one prize per NT/Far North QLD, South East QLD, NSW/ACT, VIC/TAS, WA/SA), each individual prize consists of a VISA Gift Card, supplied by VISA, valid from 08.02.2017 to 08.02.2018, valued at $2,000.00 AUD. VISA is not a participant, affiliate or sponsor of this Promotion.
- An entrant may enter the Promotion multiple times during the Promotional Period. Each entry must be on a separate and validly completed entry form. The entrant is eligible to win up to 1 prize where relevant Participating Products have been purchased during the Promotional Period. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- The winner will be notified in person within two (2) business days of the draw by telephone or text to the phone number provided by the winner and in writing to the address provided by the winner. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If required and subject to any direction under relevant state legislation, if the winner cannot be contacted, is unavailable to collect or accept the prize by 08.05.2017 at 3:00 PM AEST, and the prize remains unallocated or unclaimed for three months after the end of the last draw, they will be deemed ineligible to win and forfeit any entitlement to the prize and the Promoter will then conduct unclaimed prize draw/s on 15.05.2017 at 3:00 PM AEST at PPG Industries Pty Ltd Victoria Head Office, 14 McNaughton Road Clayton VIC 3162 to award any unclaimed prizes. Any winner from an unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone or text to the phone number provided by the winner and in writing to the address provided by the winner.
- The Promotion will be advertised in copies of sales presenters provided to entrants by representatives of the Promoter between 01.12.2017 to 06.02.2017, and at the Expo between 07.02.2017 to 08.02.2017.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid.
- Full terms and conditions are available during the Promotional Period from a representative of the Promoter and at the Expo on request.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that each winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
- If the prize(s) is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize(s) at the time they are issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will licence, assign, authorise, consent or otherwise transfer to the Promoter all intellectual property rights, title and interest (including moral rights) throughout the world in and to all material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter and acknowledges and agrees that the material may be used without further reference or compensation to them. The entrant may be required to sign documentation as provided by the Promoter to give effect to the above.
- The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements.
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.